11 January 2014

365 #2 {Back to it...}

So it seems like Christmas was a lifetime ago and we are well and truly back into the routine of school and work.
I maybe counting down the weeks to half term already.
I am however determined to make the most of my days off at the beginning of the week before the mayhem of work kicks in.

365 #2

Project 365 // 76 sunflowers
Project 365 // 76 sunflowers
Bath Abbey Project 365 // 76 sunflowers
Project 365 // 76 sunflowers
Project 365 // 76 sunflowers
Project 365 // 76 sunflowers
Project 365 // 76 sunflowers

Day 5
The rain stopped, for the morning, so we headed out to explore the floods. The kiddies spent a good hour wading through frozen puddles. It's the simple things that keep them happy.
Day 6
The kiddies were still off school so we baked. I may have had a small slice. For quality control purposes.
Day 7
I headed into Bath with the husband to spend some Christmas money and went a bit touristy and snapped the Abbey upon exiting Starbucks. I was also a bit excited to find myself buying a size down pair of jeans in Gap.
Day 8
Getting organised today ready for a little project I have going on. I have a new pen pal. I am a little bit excited about this and it has given me a great excuse to buy stationery. I am really looking forward to using pen and paper to communicate as I miss that anticipation of receiving a proper letter.
Day 9
Back to the early starts at work. I cannot wait to drive in in the daylight.
Day 10
Cake and cookie day! I did say I would avoid the staff room on Fridays to keep the temptation away. But sod it. I've lost 4lbs this week. I deserve a treat.
Day 11
The sun came out today. Garden jobs were a priority - my shack lost it's roofing felt in the recent storms - so the husband fixed that today. As a reward we went to my favourite local for a cider. The kiddies love it here too but I just wish we were in a situation where the grown ups could go to it more often. Alone.
 
I'm linking up with The Boy and Me so go and take a look at other Project 365ers over here...
 
TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky
x x x



SHARE:

27 comments

  1. That cake looks delicious. How was the quality control test? #Project365
    www.myfamilfever.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the puddle photo, and I could just eat that cake, have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the first and second photos especially - the cake looks divine! They're all wonderful though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the second picture of your baking, very inviting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photo of the flooded field! My little brood would love to splash about in that

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sara (@mumturnedmom)11 January 2014 at 21:33

    Love the first photo in the frozen puddles, and that's a fab shot of the abbey. Also, loving the stationary :) #Project365

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Frozen puddle shot!!! oooo cake Yummmmm and welldone on the smaller jean size! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah MumofThree World11 January 2014 at 22:08

    Lovely photos! Love the way you have close-ups as well as the amazing cathedral photo. Well done on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness .. everyone seems to be waterlogged this week!! i do hope its not damaged anything?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coombe Mill (Fiona)11 January 2014 at 22:55

    Loving the first photo, such a great Country Kids moment. Hoping we have seen the back of the rain for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Viv you have taken some brilliant photos - i love the first one , the size of the puddle and the perspective from which you took it - you must have got down low. and i love the colours of your rainbow pens and stationary! that chocolate cake looks totally yum x

    ReplyDelete
  12. That top photo is completely spectacular, wonderful level that you've taken it from. See you can manage to take photos of things on your work days, have fun with the penpal.

    Thanks for linking up to Project 365.

    ReplyDelete
  13. sabrina montagnoli11 January 2014 at 23:57

    Oh goodness I used to have a pen pal...several actually. Writing letters is so underestimated these days with e-mail! That first shot is just awesome! That is a lot of water!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've got lovely photos :) Well done for losing 4lbs this week, I lost 2.5lbs and very pleased :) The Abby is beautiful, you are so lucky to be somewhere with a building like that! Enjoy receiving handwritten letters through the post, theres something fab about having a letter which isn't a bill come through the letterbox haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore the frozen puddle picture, looks like great fun. I love Bath but haven't been for years - really must go back soon

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the frozen puddle picture! Well done on the weight loss, doing so well is always an excuse to treat yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was good. I had to restrain myself!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The work days ones are more challenging. Need to get my thinking hat on!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Exactly. I never get any fun post so am looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful pics. well done on your weight loss xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. RollercoasterMum12 January 2014 at 23:06

    Great photos - so lovely to discover some new people! I love the stationary picture (intrigued by the penpal) and also the pub - I also crave more visits to one (without kids!)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Exciting to have a pen pal. I remember that lovely feeling of getting an actual letter!
    Well done on the dieting. You really are an inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. AnnieMammasaurus16 January 2014 at 23:59

    Looks like a good week to me! x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Faded Seaside Mama17 January 2014 at 21:07

    I love your photos! Lots of colour and great perspectives there. I made a vow to write more REAL letters this year. Yet, so far have failed miserably - even the Christmas thank you letters remain on the to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such gorgeous photos. Cake looks delicious and I love the first photo. Well done for losing that weight, that is amazing and I love the idea of a penpal, it is true that we have lost the art of letter writing and it is a shame as I used to love receiving letters when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your baking looks very yummy. Love the flood shot.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig