25 October 2012

Happiness, weight loss and cookies?!?

It has always been an issue with me - being happy with myself.

Being a SAHM had its issues - I felt I needed to do more.

Being a working mum has its issues - the guilt at not being there for anything and everything.

Lately it has been the realisation that I am not happy with my body and my weight - but then who is?

It has taken me a while to accept that change won't happen without any input on my part. In the past I have thrown myself into a diet plan only to fail within weeks. I just don't think I was ready. Something didn't switch in my brain.

But now that 'something' has switched.

Being back at work doing a job I love and working with a great bunch of people, with whom I am looking forward to getting to know better and hopefully establish a social life with, has helped loads.

That crucial decision at the end of the summer to get off my arse and assess what I eat and drink has made a HUGE difference. My mind is working differently too. I now stop and think about food presented to me. I have to - the school staff room is never ideal for people watching their calorie intake.

Now I ask myself 'Do I really need that slab of cake that holds over 300 calories and is packed full of butter and sugar?' That doesn't mean I deny myself treats. Calorie counting works really well for me as it allows me to balance what I eat and drink then I can see where I can have a treat. If you look at my Fitness Pal entries you will find jam tarts, Nutella cookies and mugs of Chai tea lattes. But, these are now my treats NOT my daily elevenses and mid afternoon snacks.

http://www.gourmetmum.tv/easy-recipes/nutella-cookies.html

Anyhow. I am still a way off my ideal weight goal and body size but for the first time I feel I am able to stay on the road to it. A little of the above balanced with a lot of sensible choices and working up a sweat is starting to give me more of the results I am HAPPY to see!

Don't forget to find #theshreddies on Twitter for some more motivation!

If you are on My Fitness Pal and want to find me I am vivmelkshammum

x x x

 

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Well done! I find being happy with yourself brings added motivation so hopefully you're on a roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post! I found myself nodding and smiling while reading as I have felt / feel the same at times! It's so true that it's when something 'clicks' in you, and they you realise you are master and commander of your ship. Thanks so much for linking to my site and I am delighted that you used my photo as well :) Filipa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I know exactly what you are talking about when you mention that 'switch'
    I used to be slim, but really had to work at it. If something felt 'out of place' the switch would too and I ended up compensating bad choices for a few weeks with months of food deprivation. Your steady road is a much more grown up and solid approach! well done x

    Funny how our mind is what makes us who we are, from looks to everything else. I'm so happy to hear that you are happy and I hope it will continue to be that way. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done you! Those cookies look good as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you've hit the nail on the head, losing weight isn't about denying yourself every nice thing on the planet, it's about a balanced diet and some exercise. Much better physically and mentally and also more likely to stay off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i am having weight issues because i did so well last year and this year i have put weight on and feel crap about it and yet still i continued to make (and eat) cakes!! anyway, i am doing my best to shift a stone at least by xmas and then another next year.
    well done on your positive post and making me feel a bit more inspired to carry on doing my best x x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig