31 December 2015

Project 365 2015 #52

And so we come to the end of my second Project 365.
Christmas came fuelled by turkey, Prosecco and happy children.
Then we said goodbye to 2015.

Project 365 2015 day 354 - Gluhwein // 76sunflowers
Project 365 2015 day 355 - The Polar Express  // 76sunflowers
Project 365 2015 day 356 - Seven mile run // 76sunflowers
Project 365 2015 day 357 - Walking // 76sunflowers
Project 365 2015 day 358 - Christmas Eve // 76sunflowers
Project 365 2015 day 359 - Christmas Day star light // 76sunflowers
Project 365 2015 day 360 - Boxing Day dog walk // 76sunflowers
Project 365 2015 day 361 - Five mile canal run // 76sunflowers
Project 365 2015 day 362 - Devizes canal walk // 76sunflowers
Project 365 2015 day 363 - Owl at Stourhead // 76sunflowers
Project 365 2015 day 364 - Last run of the year // 76sunflowers
Project 365 2015 day 365 - 2015 Memory Jar // 76sunflowers

Day 354
Today one of my lovely friends popped in to see us with her children and this turned into an unexpected gathering of past neighbours also popping in to catch up so the first bottle of Gluhwein was opened - and quickly finished!
Day 355
Hooray for no alarms for school today! We celebrated with a lazy day at home and some time spent snuggled under blankets watching The Polar Express.
Day 356
I do like my lazy days with the children but I also need to get out so today I took advantage of the husband working from home first thing and set off on for a long run - seven miles, with a pause at a village church, were in the bag today.
Day 357
I had to get the children outside today so they donned their backpacks, grabbed their compasses and we headed out across the fields to a local park for some much needed fresh air.
Day 358
Christmas Eve and I needed to clean the house and extend the table in the conservatory ready for tomorrow. It's a tight squeeze in there at the best of times!
Day 359
Christmas Day and I snuck out first thing for my 5k run - crazy maybe but it made the over indulgence on bread sauce and Prosecco feel a little better. The children patiently waited for me to return before opening their stockings from Santa and I got a lovely new star lightshade. We had a lovely family day and to top it all off Granddad joined us and he thoroughly enjoyed his Christmas dinner!
Day 360
Boxing Day and we went for a walk across the fields to the local village pub with the brother in law and his dog. I had envisaged a cosy couple of hours sipping on mulled cider and playing dominoes but my girl had a moment over the amount of people and unknown friends joining us so I took her and the boy home where they were much happier. She is clearly my daughter when it comes to new faces and social situations!
Day 361
The husband was back at work today and the brother in law was meant to come running with me along the canal. However, he 'forgot' his kit so off I went on my own for a lovely 5 miler through the mud and puddles finished off with a lovely uphill stretch up a country lane back to the in laws.
Day 362
Bank Holiday Monday was Star Wars day! But before the cinema we had a pleasant walk along the canal in Devizes followed by lunch in a park. The film was amazing.
Day 363
Finally we had a day of sunshine today so I packed a hot sausage roll lunch and headed off with the kiddos for a walk around Stourhead. We climbed a new to us stile today and found an owl in a tree!
Day 364
My final run of 2015 took me on another 7 miles around the local villages. These longer runs mean I can chill a bit and I actually stop and take photos en route.
Day 365
So this is it, the end of 2015. We have been adding to the memory jar throughout the year and tonight we are going to sit down and open it - and then probably head to bed by 10 o'clock!

Happy New Year!

x x x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig